Ms. McGee's Classroom Rules
1. RESPECT - the 1st key to success in my classroom is respect. You must respect me, fellow students, and the classroom. I believe mutual respect is essential. If you respect me, I will respect you as a student and an individual.
2. BE ON TIME - if you are late leaving the class before literacy, you must have a pass from the teacher who kept you or it is an unexcused late.
3. ALWAYS BE PREPARED - you must come to every class with your book, notebook, and a blue/black pen or a pencil. Once you are in class, you may not go to your locker for any reason (even homework). If you are not prepared, you will not be able to be an active participant in class.
4. RAISE YOUR HAND BEFORE SPEAKING - to maximize the learning of all students, it is essential that you raise your hand and wait to be called on before speaking. This will ensure that everyone has an opportunity to speak and be heard on class related subjects.
5. STAY IN YOUR SEAT - you must stay in your seat unless you have received permission to leave it.
6. TEACHER DISMISSES - I, not the bell, dismiss you from class. When everyone is seated and quiet, you will be dismissed.
7. NO GUM, CANDY, FOOD, ETC.
*These rules are meant to create a learning environment which will benefit all students. Please note that failure to follow the rules will negatively impact your class work grade.
Obviously, these are not the only rules in my classroom, but they are the rules which are essential for a positive, productive learning environment.