Math ~ Unit 8
8: Multiplication and Division
In this unit, our class will:
- Measure line segments to the nearest 1/4 inch;
- Identify basic multiplication and division facts to solve extended facts;
- Find factor pairs;
- Use drawings of arrays, words, or numbers to model number stories;
- Identify products of basic facts;
- Model sharing situations with $10 and $1 bills;
- Identify polygons that form the faces of prisms;
- Compare fractions;
- Generate equivalent fractions;
- Explore the areas of rectangles;
- Multiply and Divide within 100 fluently
Everyday Mathematics Games:
Throughout Unit 8, our class will play the games listed below to practice skills and developing strategic thinking. Check your child's homework folder for information as we play these games in class!
- Roll to 1, 000 with Multiplication (see Student Reference Book page 253)
- Array BINGO (see Student Reference Book page 232)
- Finding Factors (see Student Reference Book page 242)
- Factor BINGO (see Student Reference Book page)
- Beat the Calculator (see Student Reference Book page 237) <3 Mrs. Whetstone's FAVORITE <3
- Fraction Number Line Squeeze (see Student Reference Book page 245)
Choose one of the sites below to find great activities to work on:
- Multiplication/Division Baseball- Practice your multiplication and division skills with America's favorite past-time... baseball!
- Multiplication MATHO- practice your multiplication skills while playing BINGO!
- AAAMath- Several links to practice fractions
- Crossing the River- Identify a fraction of a shaded part to cross the river.
- Fabulous Fraction- Frank and Fran help you learn about fractions
- Fraction Flags- Create a flag using fractions.
- Equivalent Fraction BINGO- Classic BINGO game with fractions
- Fraction Fling- Name a fractional part by popping a bubble with a sling shot
- Clear it! Multiplication Game- Create a multiplication number sentence that equal the target number (product)
- Math Fact Cafe- Practice multiplication and division facts using flashcards (scroll to the middle of the page to find the "flashcards"
- Measuring Centimeters and Inches- Practice your measuring skills. You can choose the unit and the level of difficulty.
- Area Explorer- Calculate the area of rectangles
- Adam Ant- Help Adam Ant find the perimeter of different shapes.
- Area and Perimeter Explorer- Calculate the area and perimeter of shapes
- Shape Surveyor- Calculate the area or perimeter of the rectangle and receive pieces of the puzzle
- Planet Blaster- practice your multiplication facts and save our planet all at the same time!
- Strolling with my Gnomies- This is a fun measuring game