Week One Assignments
March 30-April 3, 2020
This week we will focus on the packet that was previously sent home.
If you did not receive a packet, you can download it here (Math Packet).
You will complete a few pages a day.
An answer key is provided so that you can check your work.
Monday, March 30, 2020
1. Please complete the pages on Measurement (see the images below).
2. Play "Strolling with my Gnomies." Click on the link below. Start by measuring in inches or half inches and then centimeters.
Enrichment Activities for Monday:
1. Go back to the line segment worksheet. Instead of measuring to the nearest 1/2 inch, measure each line to the nearest 1/4 inch!
2. Go back to play "Strolling with my Gnomies." Play the game again and measure to quarter and eighth inches and then half centimeters.
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
1. Please complete the pages on Area and Perimeter and the quadrilaterals (see the images below).
2. Go online to ConnectEd and play "Shape Capture" (a hard copy of this game was sent home about a month ago-- it is called "What's My Polygon Rule?") OR play "Rugs and Fences" (a hard copy of this game was sent home about a month ago-- it is called "The Area and Perimeter Game")
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
1. Go to ConnectEd. Watch the tutorial videos called "Page 112, Subtraction Strategies: Counting Up" and "Page 119 Expand and Trade Subtraction: Expand and Trade."
For directions on how to view these videos click HERE.
2. Please complete the pages on Subtraction using your favorite method of subtraction (see the images below).
To see examples of the "Counting Up" method of subtraction or the "Expand and Trade" Method of subtraction click HERE. I used problem a and b from the second sheet pictured above in the examples.
2. Want a subtraction game to play?? Go to ConnectEd and play "Subtraction Top-it 100." Challenge yourself and play "Subtraction Top-it 1,000."
Thursday, April 2, 2020
1. Go to ConnectEd. Watch the tutorial videos called "Page 134, Reading and Writing Fractions: Eighths."
*Look to Wednesday's assignment for directions.
2. Complete the pages on fractions (see the images below).
3. Click on the links below to play some fun fraction games.
Enrichment Activity for Thursday:
1. Go to ConnectEd and play "Equivalent Fractions."
Friday, April 3, 2020
1. Complete the pages on multiplication (see the images below).
Multiplication Facts Answer Keys
2. Download the fact triangles for 2s, 5s, and 10s, HERE. Quiz yourself or have someone at home quiz you. Keep these in a safe place for another day!
You could also practice with fact triangles by going to the Tool-Kit on the Launch Pad in ConnectEd. Click on +eTools and then click on fact triangles. You can select all facts or specific ones.
3. Play Mutliplication Draw. Download the game pieces below.
Number Cards 1-10 (print 4 copies)
Dice (print 1 copy)
***If you don't want to print the cards or the "dice," you could go online to Connect Ed. Click on the tool-kit on the Launch Pad. Click on +eTools. Find the Number Deck and select cards 1-10 and then find the dice. You can select "dice maker" and make your own dice with #2,5, and 10.
4. Complete the google form below. You will need to login with your Riverside email which is your firstname.lastname@example.org
(the username is the name you use to login to the computers or ConnectEd)
Enrichment Activity for Friday:
1. Play Multiplication Draw. INSTEAD of rolling the die, pick two number cards. Multiply those numbers to practice all facts 1-10