Welcome to Mrs. Sinkaus' 5th Grade Reading Class Website
First day of school for the new year is: Wednesday, September 6! My room number is 505. It is the 4th room on the
right-hand side of the 5th grade hallway. The bell rings at 8:40 for homeroom. All of the teachers will be out in the
hallway to greet students and direct them to the proper homeroom class. I look forward to meeting you!
**All important information is located in my Google Classroom
Here is the link for my 2023-2024 Reading Class Google Classroom https://classroom.google.com/c/NjEyNTQ4MjE5ODA4?cjc=cudqems
To attend my Google Meet for Parent-Teacher Conferences 2023 https://meet.google.com/fur-dvsv-zay
Contact Information for 2023-2024
*To join my Remind app and get any class notifications on your phone, please
do the following (the message needed to join will be updated the first week of
*For Homeroom (this will include any school announcements such as early
dismissal, dress down days, papers to be turned in to office): text: 81010 with
the message: @ddgg3c9
*Periods 1/3 (this includes all homework and test dates)- Text 81010 with the
*Periods 5/6 (this includes all homework and test dates)- Text 81010 with the
*Periods 7/8 (this includes all homework and test dates)- Text 81010 with the
To notify me by email: email@example.com
Students are required to wear the usual khaki or navy blue shorts or pants. Any Riverside spiritwear or Riverside
uniform shirts are acceptable. Hoodies ARE permitted this year.
Students should bring a water bottle, as there is a refillable water station located in our hallway. A big issue that
has developed is students not bringing a water bottle and asking teachers or the nurse for a cup. Please make
sure they have a labeled water bottle to prevent this issue!
- whiteboard, 4 dry erase Expo markers
- white board eraser (can be a sock, piece of felt, or a small piece of material)
- pack of Ticonderoga pencils (these are the only brand that works) or mechanical pencils
- highlighters (preferably at least 2 different colors. When completing TDA writing we use: pink, yellow, orange, green, and blue)
- 24 box crayons
- 2 gluesticks
- child-sized scissors
- 1 pack Post-its
- (optional) personal-sized stapler, refills
- (optional) pens, gel pens, colored pencils
- * The pencil sharpener in my room does not require the students to touch anything other than their pencil, so
- individual sharpeners are not needed.
Free Sites for reading Online Books
Here you will find all the classroom news, homework, test dates, and important links.