Welcome to Mrs. Sinkaus' 5th Grade Reading Class Website
To join my Google classroom: Go to Riversidesd.com, click For Teacher, click
Google Classrooms, click Mrs. Sinkaus' Reading Class 2022-2023 to join.
Here is my Google class code to join: imqgkpq
To join my Google Meet for Parent-Teacher Conferences: Once in my Google
Classroom, click the banner to join the Meet
To join my Remind app and get any class notifications on your phone, please
do the following (the message needed to join will be updated the first week of
*For Homeroom (this will include any school announcements such as early
dismissal, dress down days, papers to be turned in to office): text: 81010 with
*Periods 1/3 (this includes all homework and test dates)- Text 81010 with the
*Periods 5/6 (this includes all homework and test dates)- Text 81010 with the
*Periods 7/8 (this includes all homework and test dates)- Text 81010 with the
To notify me by email: email@example.com
Students are required to wear the usual khaki or navy blue shorts or pants. Any Riverside spiritwear or Riverside
uniform shirts are acceptable. Hoodies ARE permitted this year.
Students should bring a water bottle, as there is a refillable water station located in our hallway. A big issue that
has developed is students not bringing a water bottle and asking teachers or the nurse for a cup. Please make
sure they have a labeled water bottle to prevent this issue!
- whiteboard, 4 dry erase Expo markers
- white board eraser (can be a sock, piece of felt, or a small piece of material)
- pack of Ticonderoga pencils (these are the only brand that works) or mechanical pencils
- highlighters (preferably at least 2 different colors)
- 24 box crayons
- 2 gluesticks
- child-sized scissors
- 1 pack Post-its
- (optional) personal-sized stapler, refills
- (optional) pens, gel pens, colored pencils
- * The pencil sharpener in my room does not require the students to touch anything other than their pencil, so
- individual sharpeners are not needed.
Here you will find all the classroom news, homework, test dates, and important links.