Welcome to Mrs. Sinkaus' 5th Grade Reading Class Website
Students, Welcome back to the 2021-2022 school year! School begins on Wednesday, September 8. The bell rings at 8:40 am, upon which time students should make their way to their homerooms.
My homeroom is room 505. It is the 4th door on the right-hand side of the 4th/5th grade hallway.
Remember, masks are now required to enter the building.
Once the class lists go out, I will invite all of my students to my Reading Google classroom. Also, after you receive your schedule, please encourage your parents to join my Remind for classroom notifications.
To Join my Remind app and get any class notifications on your phone, please do the following:
*For Homeroom (this will include any school announcments such as early dismissal, dress down days, papers to be turned in to office): text: 81010 with the message: @k623d76
*Periods 1/3 (this includes all homework and test dates)- Text 81010 with the message: @h2426hd
*Periods 5/6 (this includes all homewrok and test dates)- Text 81010 with the message: @a38kbd
*Periods 7/8 (this includes all homework and test dates)- Text 81010 with the message: @8d74824
Students are required to wear the usual khaki or navy blue short or pants. Any Riverside spiritwear or Riverside uniform shirts are acceptable. Hoodies ARE permitted this year.
Student may bring a water bottle, as there is a refillable water station located in our hallway.
- whiteboard, 4 dry erase Expo markers
- white board eraser (can be a sock, piece of felt, or a small piece of material)
- pack of Ticonderoga pencils (these are the only brand that work) or mechanical pencils
- highlighters (preferably at least 2 different colors)
- 24 box crayons
- 2 gluesticks
- child-sized scissors
- 1 pack Post-its
- (optional) personal-sized stapler, refills
- (optional) pens, gel pens, colored pencils
- *the pencil sharpener in my room does not require the students to touch anything other than their pencil, so individual sharpeners are not needed
- an extra mask in a labeled ziploc bag
- a personal pack of tissues
- (optional) hand sanitizer (*note- there will be hand sanitizing stations, but if students want to use their own sanitizer they need to supply it, as they will not be allowed to share with each other)
Here you will find all classroom news, homework, test dates, and important links.