Introduction to Computers 8th
Students will learn the basics in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. This course will give you the foundation needed for Computer Science I. Also, we will be exploring the exciting world of Web 2.0!
- On-line Survey
- Getting to Know You Assignment
- All About You (Microsoft Office)
- Downloading Templates (Microsoft Offiice)
- Word Assessment Assignment
- Use drawing tools in Microsoft Office (House Project - shapes, wrapping, grouping, lines, colors, nudging)
- Blogging Video (6th grade students blogging)
- Watch blogger tutorial (Google account needed to create a Blogger Account)
- Read articles on texting, post to my blog
- Read article on texting & create column chart in Excel
- Sumopaint (On-line paint program)
- Copyright Law Powerpoint Lesson http://copyrightfriendly.wikispaces.com/
- Downloading music? That's stealing....
- Creative Commons & Jamendo (Fair use pictures & music)
- Google Search-Advanced Search for Creative Commons Licenses
- PA Middle School Computer Fair Click on this link for Important Information (Create a computer logo using any application)
- Cyberbullying WS in Google Docs
- Cyberbullying Survey
- Cyberbullying Lesson/Video - Webquest on Cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying Video GARFIELD
- Glogster (Glogging)
- Inventors & Entrepreneurs a Webquest
- Phishing Lesson Games & Videos on Phishing Lesson
- Create a cell phone
- Scholastic Texting Video/Distracting Driving
- What are Easter Eggs doing in computer class? http://www.dltk-cards.com/custom.htm
- Powerpoint - Wonder Project or State Project(How to use citation machine, converting a video for pwpt)
- Powerpoint - Poem/Song (Recording your voice and timing pwt presentation)
- Presentation on "Texting & Driving"
- Intro to Photoshop CS (Mr. Melon Head Project)
- Mr. Potato Head Exercise in Photoshop
- Movie - "True Story of the Internet"
- Photostory Project - Video
- Movie Maker (My 1st Movie)
- Steve Job
- Steve Job Mini Bigoraphy
- Bill Gates Mini Biography
- A HOUR OF CODING!
- Typing Tutor
- Explaining Binary Code
- Keyboarding Games
- Creative Commons
Color Blocks for Photostory Project
Blogging Rules - Ms. Barucky
1. Please, no personal information. (First name only, period and day.
2. If you want to write your opinion on a topic, make sure you're not going to be offensive to anyone as you write it.
3. Always make sure you check over your post for spelling errors, grammar errors, and your use of words.
4. Never ever, disrespect someone else in your blog, whether it's a person, an organization, or just a general idea.
5. Watch your language! We're not at home, we're at school, keep it professional looking.
6. Make sure things you write about are factual. Don't be posting about things that aren't true.
7. Keep it education-oriented. That means that you probably shouldn't discuss your plans for the weekend.
8. Respect peoples thoughts, ideas and opinions.
What do they mean?
Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind: inventions, literary and artistic works, and symbols, names, images, and designs used in commerce. (Ex: music, poems, plays, etc.)
The public domain is intellectual property that others can use. These materials are public property, and available for anyone to use freely (the "right to copy") for any purpose.
Fair use is part of the copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as for commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching or scholarship. However, you must give credit.
Public Domain Pictures